Vegan Protein Bars - Almonds & Cherry Jam
Bake These Delicious Almond Protein Bars with Homemade Cherry Jam
If I had to choose one snack between all of them, I will always go for a vegan protein bar! Whether it's for a quick snack, pre or post-workout, plant-based protein bars are such a great option for you to reach the daily protein amount you need. Also, it is so convenient, easy, and quick to have!
However, many of the products you can find on the market are not very tasty or contain ingredients that don't convince you. And if you are vegan, you might encounter difficulties to even find vegan protein bars options in stores at a decent price.
Whatever the situation you're in, here's the solution: prepare these delicious homemade almond & cherry jam vegan protein bar!
Thank you to our new Birdman Ambassador The Vegan Booty for sharing this amazing recipe! With the beginning of this collaboration, we'll be uploading more recipes like this one!
Be sure to follow Paola on her social media that you can find at the end of this article!
Serving size: 10 sticks
Preparation time: 15 minutes of preparation + 40 minutes in the oven
For the protein bars
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup of almond butter
- 3⁄4 cup of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of oat flakes
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Falcon Protein
- 1⁄4 cup of maple or agave syrup
- 3⁄4 cup cherry jam (homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped almonds
- A pinch of stevia in powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of baking powder
For the homemade cherry jam
- 1 cup of stoned cherries
- 1 teaspoon of chia
- The juice of half a lemon
- A pinch of stevia in powder
The cherry jam
- In a small pot at medium heat, place the washed cherries, the stevia and the juice of half a lemon. After 3 to 5 minutes, mash the cherries mixture so all the juice is getting out
- Turn off the heat and add the chia seeds. Set aside and allow the chia to swell as we prepare the mixture for the vegan protein bars.
The Protein Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C)
- In a bowl, add your dry ingredients: the oatmeal, the Vanilla Falcon Protein, sea salt, baking soda, and stevia powder. Stir well.
- Add the melted coconut oil, almond butter and syrup to the dry ingredients and mix again until the ingredients are well combined.
- Separate approximately 2 1⁄2 tablespoons of the mixture in another bowl to make the crumble.
- To this bowl, add the oat flakes and the crushed almonds, stir well and reserve.
- Place the bars mixture of the plant-based protein bars into your mold (greased) and flatten it as much as possible. Then add a layer of the homemade cherry jam and finally place the almonds & oats crumble on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let the vegan protein bars cool before taking the preparation out of the mold.
- Cut the bars into square shapes.
Take your homemade protein bars wherever you want and enjoy!
- Calories: 300 Kcal
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fat: 20 g
Tips and Nota Bene
- You can use an industrial sugar-free jam. The bars also taste good with strawberry, blueberry, blackberry or raspberry jam if you're not convinced by the cherries.
- I recommend that you heat the almond butter in a microwave or a bain-marie so the consistency is more liquid which makes it easier to incorporate.
- They can be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to tag us on social media with #takeflight if you make them!
Many thanks to Paola (The Vegan Booty) for the recipe! You can find links to her social media below and benefit from discount code to buy Falcon Protein 😉⤵
Instagram | YouTube | Website
For more post-workout snacks and content related to health and fitness, please feel free to have a look at our Birdman Blog.
Get Falcon Protein
Marine Le Sager
Hey, I'm Marine!
Passionate about plants and nutrition, I'm sharing my most delicious and healthy recipes that you can enjoy after sports training workouts that I am also writing about!
Peace and love the planet ♥︎✌︎
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.