Pineapple Upside Down
Pineapple Upside Down
Missing the classic flavors of your childhood? Well, we have a surprise for you! Indulge yourself this week with this simple, healthy dessert with a protein punch. Paola The Vegan Booty flips the classic Pineapple Upside Down recipe and makes it more fit friendly and just as delicious, so you can't miss it. Read the full recipe below!
Pineapple Upside Down Recipe
Portions: 1 small cake | Prep time: 35 minutes
Macros per Cake:
- Calories: 488 Cal
- Protein: 15.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.4 g
- Fat: 21.9 g
- 1⁄2 cup of oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup muscovado or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 10 g Vanilla Falcon Protein
- 2 tbsp. pineapple juice (or syrup if you are using canned pineapple)
- 1tbsp. coconut, olive or avocado oil
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. coconut or avocado oil
- 1⁄2 tbsp. coconut or muscovado sugar
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 1 blueberry or cherry
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° C
- Grease a small round mold (10-12 cm) with a removable ring. Cover the bottom of the mold with the sugar and place the pineapple slice on top and the blueberry or cherry in the middle.
- In a bowl, place all the dry ingredients: the oatmeal, the sugar, the protein, the salt and the baking powder and incorporate.
- Add the oil, pineapple juice, flaxseed egg and milk to the bowl and incorporate.
- Place the mixture in the mold without going over 3⁄4 of the mold.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Be careful not to insert the toothpick so deep as it will always come out wet due to the pineapple at the bottom.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then carefully unmold.
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to tag us on social media with #takeflight if you decide to try it!
Many thanks to Paola (The Vegan Booty) for the recipe! You can find links to her social media below and benefit from discount code to buy Falcon Protein 😉⤵
Instagram | YouTube | Website
For more post-workout snacks and content related to health and fitness, please feel free to have a look at our Birdman Blog.
Get Falcon Protein
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.