Nitric Oxide Booster Pre-workout Smoothie Recipe
With healthier habits, smoothies come more often into play. The best about smoothies is you can drink them on-the-go or at work, at the gym, at the park, by the pool, etc.
Taking this pre-workout smoothie is widely recommended as it will boost nitric oxide levels, provide protein, amino acids, and minerals that will give an incredible boost to your muscles right when you need it!
The ingredients you will find in this pre-workout smoothie have amazing attributes:
Mango contains over 20 vitamins and minerals that provide an excellent source of dietary fibers and vitamin B6. Mango improves digestion and your immune system.
- Did you know that approximately 8 strawberries contain more vitamin C than one orange? Not to mention that strawberries help fighting heart diseases, raise HDL cholesterol (yes, the good one!), lower blood pressure and are high in antioxidants.
Beets are known for improving endurance, have anti-inflammatory properties and help detoxify the liver.
The protein in this pre-workout smoothie is included to nourish your body, help against inflammation due to its enzymes and probiotics, and facilitate muscle recovery. Which makes it a very functional smoothie.
Beetroot & Mango Nitric Oxide Precursor Smoothie
- 1 ½ cup of unsweetened coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Falcon Protein
- ¾ scoop of beetroot powder
- ¾ cup of fresh (or frozen) mango
- 5 large strawberries
- A pinch of ginger
- Optional: a handful of ice if your fruits weren't frozen
- Topping: shredded coconut to decorate
- Mix the strawberries, the mangoes, and the unsweetened coconut milk in a blender together with the protein, the beetroot powder, and the ginger. Mix until well combined.
- Add any extra toppings you like.
We recommend you drink this nitric oxide booster smoothie before working out in order to have more power while at it! By the way, have you tried our Exercise Ball Workout Routine?
There you go, hope you will enjoy this recipe as we do at Birdman!
Discover more articles on fitness & vegan lifestyle, as well as our delicious recipes by exploring our blog and its different categories.
Get Falcon Protein
- Taira, J., Tsuchida, E., Katoh, M. C., Uehara, M., & Ogi, T. (2015). Antioxidant capacity of betacyanins as radical scavengers for peroxyl radical and nitric oxide. Food Chemistry, 166, 531-536.
Marine Le Sager
Hey, I'm Marine!
Passionate about plants and nutrition, I'm sharing my most delicious and healthy recipes that you can enjoy after sports training workouts that I am also writing about!
Peace and love the planet ♥︎✌︎
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Sweet Recipes
Are you craving for cookies? Don't feel guilty anymore! Bake these vegan, gluten-free and high in protein matcha & chocolate chips cookies! Full of nutrients, matcha is also delicious in pastries combined with chocolate! What if I was telling you that you can even have these as a post-workout snack? Treat yourself!
If the protein bars from your local grocery store don't convince you, then bake your own! Discover this delicious recipe of homemade vegan protein bars with almonds & cherry jam in collaboration with The Vegan Booty that share us her healthy and guilt-free recipe! Treat yourself with this high in protein snack!
Are you looking to boost your basal metabolism through food? Try out our natural metabolism booster smoothie! This tasty recipe contains superfoods that will help you to improve your metabolism and burn more calories while your body is at rest! Losing weight without doing anything, isn't it the dream? Check it out!