Superfood Recipe - Quinoa Risotto
Prepare a delicious Quinoa Risotto!
Quinoa is well-known to be a superfood, so much so that the Incas called it "chisiya mama" aka "The Mother of All Cereals", not only for its delicious taste but also for its incredible and numerous nutrition properties.
The quinoa nutrition is rich: it is the only cereal that has a complete chain of amino acids, as well as trace elements and vitamins, making it a super resource for vegetarians and vegans. Even if you eat an omnivorous diet, having a little quinoa in your pantry is never too much.
Hell Yeah, Quinoa is also naturally gluten-free!! These are the most interesting nutriments this amazing superfood cereal contains:
- A high content of minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- Vitamins B, C, and E
- Essential Amino Acids, which are keys to our brain development
- Protein and fiber
- Omega 6
- Low glycemic index
Aren't you amazed by all the nutrition facts of quinoa??
As a superfood cereal, you can make an endless number of quinoa recipes, both sweet and salty, since its flavor alone is not very strong.
Here is an example of a delicious recipe that you can enjoy at any time of the day. Loaded with protein and fiber, this quinoa risotto or "quinotto" is a good alternative to the original Italian risotto.
Mushrooms and Spinach Quinoa Risotto
Serving Size: 2 people
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 1 cup of mushrooms of your choice (shiitake, buttons mushrooms, morels, etc.)
- 3 portobellos
- A handful (or 2) of spinach
- 1 cup of Vegan white wine
- 2 cup of Vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 tablespoon of organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of dairy-free butter, like margarine
- Thyme and/or fresh rosemary
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Nutritional Yeast
- Toppings (optional): chopped parsley, chives, spring onions, walnuts, pine nuts
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for at least 30 minutes and chop them.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion. Sauté on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of non-dairy butter in a frying pan until golden.
- Add the quinoa to this garlic and onion mixture and stir for about a minute.
- Then add the wine white to the pot and let the quinoa absorbs the liquid.
- Add the chopped mushrooms.
- Ladle the vegetable broth to the quinoa and stir until the liquid is fully absorbed. When the quinoa appears almost dry, add another ladle of broth and repeat the process.
- Reduce to medium-minimum heat until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat, add the washed spinach, fresh thyme, pepper, salt, and stir.
- Finally, add the nutritional yeast for a "cheesy" flavor. The amount is up to you, regarding how strong you want the flavor to be.
Serve it with some toppings. ere are some ideas: fresh chopped parsley, walnuts, pine nuts, chopped chives, spring onions, etc.
What did you think of this recipe? Let us know in the comments below. Don't forget to tag us on social media with #takeflight if you prepare it! Discover more healthy & vegan recipes, tips, and articles on health and fitness by exploring our Birdman Blog.
Get Falcon Protein
Marine Le Sager
Hey, I'm Marine!
Passionate about plants and nutrition, I'm sharing my most delicious and healthy recipes that you can enjoy after sports training workouts that I am also writing about!
Peace and love the planet ♥︎✌︎
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Savoury Recipes
Are you looking for a low carb, high in fiber, gluten-free and high in protein ingredient to add to your diet? Look no further and try pulse pasta. Learn everything about plant-based protein pasta like chickpeas, red lentils or quinoa pasta and discover a vegan summer pasta salad recipe that will bring you to Greece!!!
Pre-heat your oven and get ready to vegan and delicious lasagna recipes that will take you directly to Rome! Discover three different ways to satisfy your cravings of Italian food. Check out for our classic vegan bolognese lasagna, high-in-protein veggie lasagna or the low-carb eggplant lasagna. Let's cook!
Pizzas are so easy to make and taste freaking delicious! Instead of paying 25$ for the vegan pizza option in a restaurant, try out our 4 Homemade Vegan Pizzas Recipes!! We also thought of our gluten-intolerant buddies that are suffering out here, so we also made gluten-free lactose free recipes. Good taste guaranteed!